It’s official. I am laziness personified. I start out my first day of the non-working week with all the best of intentions, but inevitably Wednesday has become my ‘lazy day’. The more I procrastinate, the worse it gets. The ‘to do’ list lies abandoned and I start feeling guilty for not achieving the things that I set out to do. It’s a vicious circle!
So, in order to motivate myself and as a reminder that the day is not over yet, here is a list of things that I achieved today.
- Up at 5am with the boy, next couple of hours spent in haze until he is fed and down for a nap. Curse the early rising sun.
- Washed the dishes, of which there were many – the product of my two days at work and related tiredness.
- Played with Jarvis.
- Looked at Facebook.
- Did an ad hoc shop at Woolworths where I managed to avoid buying chips or chocolate but in weird moment of impulse, bought pregnancy test. Period has been missing since returning for one visit. Also I feel fat. Thought if I was pregnant, it would give me excuse for being fat.
- Did pregnancy test. It turns out, I’m just fat.
- Had lunch with Jarvis.
- Put Jarvis down for afternoon nap, had 20 minute power nap with him.
- Booked a hair appointment online. Spent over 30 minutes trying to schedule an appointment, where a 5 minute phonecall would have done the same job.
- Write blog post about my own laziness in feeble attempt to motivate myself.
- Decide that list makes me look a bit pathetic, but decide to post anyway.
By sharing this ‘to don’t list’, at least I can now cross off ‘blog post’ from my ‘to do’ list!
Happy hump day!