I’ve been tagged by Jo over at Mum to J with a Kreative Blogger Meme. The deal is that I share seven things about myself that I haven’t yet shared here.
So here goes – seven things you don’t yet know about me.
1. I was a big ‘boy band’ fan when I was younger – especially Take That. I like to think that my musical taste has matured somewhat since then, but they still have a soft spot in my heart alongside my other teenage obsessions and crushes. So this morning when I saw that Robbie and Gary had teamed up in a new song Shame, I had to go have a look. It’s a hilarious clip that references Brokeback Mountain and it was enough to bring out the giggling 15-year-old TT groupie that still lurks within.
2. I am not a good shopper, actually I never go out shopping unless I have a list of things I need. Walking around aimlessly window shopping in a mall environment is my idea of hell. Apparently I was always like this, my mum would take me to our closest large town when I was quite young and if I was in my stroller I’d hang my arm out and knock things over in my path and when I was old enough to walk I would whinge endlessly about having to walk around the shops. Definitely a case of nature over nurture methinks.
3. If I’m ever down and need a pick me up I reach for my The Office DVDs. I love Ricky Gervais, and there is something about his humour and delivery as well as his scarily realistic take on corporate life that lifts me out of my funk every time.
4. I love good food and wine. My ideal afternoon would be a big antipasto platter, a lovely glass of wine, a good view and good company.
5. On that same theme, I think I’m a bit of a coffee snob. I love a good coffee and can be quite dismissive of a cafe if their coffee isn’t up to scratch. I therefore have a handful of places that I will go out of my way to visit for a good cappucino.
6. I am shy and socially awkward but I try my best to not show it. I really suck at small talk and I often wonder if I come across as aloof to people who don’t know me.
7. My favourite shoes are ballet flats and sneakers. I hardly ever wear heels. I am 172 cm and although that’s not massively tall, I still feel gigantic in heels and prefer to feel more grounded when I walk – that, and I am very clumsy at the best of times.
So, there you go … a little more about me. Now it’s time for me to spread some bloggy love. I feel like I’m only just dipping my toes into a veritable sea of talented and interesting voices out there so here are just some of the bloggers I am enjoying right now.
No pressure peeps, but the rules are as follows if you feel inclined to keep it going:
- Copy the award to your blog
- Insert a link to the person who nominated you
- Share seven things about yourself that you haven’t told us before
- Nominate other bloggers for the award – share the love
- Link to their blogs
- Tell the nominees about their award